"Over 175 years of international financial advisory expertise"
Lazard has a clear market positioning, focused on two businesses
- Financial advisory: mergers & acquisitions, divestitures, debt restructuring, and corporate and sovereign advisory
- Asset management: institutional investment management, distribution through external channels and wealth management
In 1848, Alexandre, Lazare and Simon Lazard, three French brothers from the Alsace region in France, found Lazard Frères & Co in New Orleans as a dry goods merchant, after migrating to the United States in the early 1840s.
Shortly after, the company moved to San Francisco to expand its trading business and develop its first foreign exchange office between Europe and the United States, before engaging in banking activities. The Paris office was established in 1854, the London branch opened in 1870 and the New York Banking House in 1880. Lazard became a global player in international banking, notably in corporate finance advisory and asset management services.
This exceptional background shaped a unique culture, passed on through the generations. Lazard has been listed on the New York Stock Exchange since May 2005, but nonetheless remains partly owned by its associates and employees.
- 1848 The Lazard brothers found Lazard Frères & Co in New Orleans
- 1854 Lazard Frères et Cie established in Paris
- 1970 Lazard Asset Management established in New York
- 1995 Lazard Frères Gestion established in Paris
- 2000 The three Houses of Lazard merge
- 2005 Lazard listed in New York
ASSETS UNDER MANAGEMENT | Lazard Frères Gestion & Lazard Asset Management
Lazard serves investors around the world through a broad range of global investment solutions and investment management services. Lazard Asset Management operates across 19 countries throughout North America, Europe and Asia, as well as in Australia. The group focuses on strategies drawing on rigorous, detailed analysis and dynamic asset management.
KEY FIGURES as of September 30, 2022
Years of expertise in international
A success built across several generations, with client relationships established over time and based on discretion.
"An asset management specialist with a dual French and international culture"
Lazard Frères Gestion combines the power of a large global organisation with the flexibility of a small entrepreneurial-style business, focusing on asset management and advisory services for individual and institutional clients.
Our primary goal is to deliver performance for our clients through a bespoke service. We empower our investment professionals to make independent investment solutions and encourage them to provide creative solutions.
With offices in Paris, Lyon, Bordeaux, Nantes, Brussels and Luxembourg, Lazard Frères Gestion manages €30 billion of assets on behalf of institutional and individual clients.
KEY FIGURES AS OF SEPTEMBER 30, 2022
Lazard Frères Gestion enjoys the advantage of being part of a large global organisation, while selecting its asset management strategies independently.
Our values |
"An independent sophisticated investment culture"
ECONOMIC CYCLE ANALYSIS
Financial assets are an important source of funding for the real economy. It is our conviction that the economy is cyclical, with ensuing short- and medium-term economic cycle impacts on financial markets. Volatility and speculative bubbles can make an asset's market price fluctuate versus its fair value in the short term, though not in the long term. Outperformance is generated by our team’s ability to recognise the different phases of the cycle in the long term.
Strong investment culture
Our specific investment culture naturally leads us to focus on a value creating dynamic and fundamental asset management. Above all, we start by selecting companies. Each of our investment decisions is based on a rigorous analysis, an in-depth financial research and a stringent assessment of financial statements.
- Financial assets provide key investment opportunities for institutional and individual investors.
- Their ever-growing number and complexity require a rigorous selection process to create value in the long term.
- Lazard Frères Gestion seeks to achieve this through investment solutions combining the macroeconomic and microeconomic skills of its experts.
T TAILOR-MADE SOLUTIONS
Long-term value-creating investment solutions
Each investor's requirements are unique, and therefore Lazard Frères Gestion has strengthened its expertise around complementary strategies to provide the best possible investment solutions across asset classes.
Lazard Frères Gestion’s development strategy combines asset management expertise and trustful client relationships. It is based on coherent and transparent investment processes, and offers the following solutions:
- A range of both generalist and specialist UCIs
- Dedicated funds and investment mandates expertise
- A bespoke financial advisory service for our clients
|Bonds||Lazard Euro Short Duration
Lazard Euro Corp High Yield "PC EUR"
Lazard Credit Opportunities "PC EUR"
Mixto (0-40% renta variable)
Our primary goal is to deliver performance to our clients.
"Assets under management of €33.2 billion on behalf of a diversified clientele"
- A large increase in assets under management over the past 10 years, an expertise in all main asset classes
Assets under management
31 December 2021 - source Lazard
Detailed breakdown by asset class
31 December 2020 - source Lazard
- Tailor-made services adapted to a wide range of clients
Breakdown by client segment
September 30, 2022 – Source Lazard
Global economic and fundamental research is the foundation of our investment approach and strategy
"A natural fit for our investment philosophy"